MAGAZINES AND NEWSPAPERS:
- Art in America monthly magazine; 800-925-8059; no website; $39.95/yr.
- ARTnews magazine
- The Palette Magazine
ON THE WEB:
- Art critics to Google:
a) Dave Hickey
b) Peter Plagens
c) Christopher Knight, L.A. Times
d) Deborah Solomon
e) Arthur Danto
- http://www.guggenheim.org, http://www.moma.org and your favorite museums, galleries, etc.
- Art in the 21st Century; the artists, not the critics, do the narration exness;
4 episodes every other year since 2001; all 20 available:
- Ovation TV cable channel; arts programming; lots of reruns but still worth checking occasionally.
DVD AND VIDEO:
- Hockney at the Tate; 1988; DVD; David Hockney talking interestingly and humorously in front of his paintings; Netflix.
- The Cool School; DVD; contemporary Los Angeles painters during the Abstract Expressionist era; Netflix.
- Painters Painting; DVD; 2 hrs.; interviews with Abstract Expressionist painters; Netflix.
- Goya: Crazy Like a Genius; DVD; Robert Hughes on the life of Spanish painter Francisco Goya; 1 hr. 15 min.; Netflix.
- Behind the Scenes; DVD; David Hockney; PBS with Penn & Teller; Creativity; Netflix exness sign up.
- Who Gets to Call It Art?; DVD; Henry Geldzahler’s recollections and interviews with David Hockney, James Rosenquist and Frank Stella; Netflix.
- David Hockney: The Colors of Music; DVD; landscape; melded his hearing loss and artistic gifts to make opera a visual experience; Netflix.
- Robert Irwin; The Beauty of Questions, video; not in Netflix; 1 hr.
- 100 years of Modern Art showing every key artist;
a wonderful summary; narrated by Orson Wells
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz0tJKRfaoA (1hr. 40min) exness forex broker
- The Art of Richard Diebenkorn; large paperback book; $39.95, Whitney Museum of Art.
- Robert Rauschenberg; large book; $45 paperback, Guggenheim Museum of Art.
- Robert Irwin; Forgetting the Name of the Thing That One Sees; small paperback book.
- Varieties of Visual Experience; Edmund Burke Feldman.
- A Fine Disregard; Kirk Varnadoe.
- Pictures of Nothing: Abstract Art since Pollack; Kirk Varnadoe.